The Study of Environmental Arctic Change (SEARCH) announces a call for nominations of new Science Steering Committee (SSC) members. SEARCH is a collaborative program of Arctic researchers, funding agencies, and others that facilitates synthesis of Arctic science and communicates our current understanding to help society respond to a rapidly changing Arctic.
The SSC is comprises 12 members, each serving a three-year term, with the option to a second term. SEARCH seeks nominations of candidates that are broad and cross disciplinary thinkers, are good communicators and consensus-builders, and have a strong commitment to the SEARCH vision. We welcome nominations from all disciplines and research backgrounds.
SSC members are expected to:
* Guide overall directions of SEARCH implementation;
* Promote and communicate SEARCH activities and plans;
* Provide guidance to the Executive Director, action teams, and working groups;
* Work with the Executive Director to establish strong partnerships;
* Approve annual SEARCH work plans and reports; and
* Be active participants in SSC meetings (4 or more/year) and working groups.
Self-nominations are welcome. Nominations should include:
- Contact information
- Area of expertise
- Curriculum vitae
- A brief statement of why the person would be an asset to the SEARCH program
- Confirmation that the nominee would consent to serve
Nominations should be sent to Brit Myers, brit [at] arcus.org no later than 31 April 2018.
Nominations will be reviewed by June 2018. Invitations to join the SSC will go out to selected candidates prior to the committee’s next regular meeting scheduled to take place in September 2018.