The National Academy of Sciences Building security will require a government-issued photo identification for entrance to the conference each day.
All sessions will be held at the National Academy of Sciences Building located at 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW in Washington, DC 20418. Please enter the building via the main Constitution Avenue entrance. Please also note that there are two National Academy buildings in Washington, DC. The conference is not taking place at the Keck Center on 5th street.
- Driving & Metro Directions
- National Academy of Sciences Building Visitor Guide
- Downloadable Area Map (PDF 8.4 MB)
- Dining Guide for the Foggy Bottom & Georgetown Area (PDF - 67 KB)
- Parking: The National Academy of Sciences Building has a visitor parking lot available at the corner of 21st and C Streets. It is a street-level lot with an arm monitored by NAS security through an intercom. Please inform the guard that you are attending the Arctic Futures 2050 conference when you arrive. Paid on-street parking is also available on adjacent streets.
- Wheelchair Access: The NAS Building has a ramp at the C Street entrance and an elevator at the Constitution Ave entrance to accommodate wheelchairs and the physically challenged.
Conference Venue Layout
1) Please use the Constitution Avenue building entrance. A government-issued photo ID will be needed each day for building security.
2) Conference registration and check-in will take place in the Constitution Avenue lobby.
3) Conference food service and receptions will take place in the Great Hall.
4, 5, & 6) Poster sessions will occur in the Lecture Room, West Court, and East Court.
7) Conference plenary sessions will occur in the Kavli Auditorium
Arctic Futures 2050 registration will take place at the Constitution Avenue entrance lobby of the National Academy of Sciences Building. Conference participants are invited to pre-register/check-in for the conference on Tuesday, 3 September from 1-5pm. Poster presenters are also welcome to hang their posters at this time. Registration will open at 7:30am each morning of the conference. Please remember to bring your photo ID!
Online registration for the conference will close at 1pm on Tuesday, 3 September 2019.
Hotels within close walking distance to the National Academy of Sciences where the conference is taking place include:
The Arctic Futures 2050 room block at the State Plaza Hotel has now been filled. Reservations may still be made at the hotel. However, the group rate is no longer guaranteed and room pricing will be based on current market rates. For more information on Washington D.C. hotel options, please see the Visit DC guide.
Invitation Letters for International Travel
To request a conference invitation letter for international travel, please contact AF2050 [at] arcus.org.