- Alfred Wegener Institute Press Releases
Press releases issued from the Alfred Wegener Institute
- Forecasting the Condition of Arctic Sea Ice on Weekly to Seasonal Time Scales
A collaborative project between the National Ice Center and the Polar Science Center to predict conditions of arctic sea ice.
- Projections of an Ice-Diminished Arctic Ocean
Retrospective analysis and future prediction of the arctic sea ice system (Jinlun Zhang, D. Andrew Rothrock, and Michael Steele; Applied Physics Laboratory)
- Seasonal Ice Prediction
This webpage details Ron Lindsay's (Applied Physics Laboratory) seasonal prediction of pan-arctic sea ice extent. The page provides a link to his paper, "Seasonal predictions of ice extent in the Arctic Ocean," where he details the types of data used in his predictive method.
- Developing Arctic Modeling and Observing Capabilities for Long-term Environmental Studies (DAMOCLES)
An integrated ice-atmosphere-ocean monitoring and forecasting system designed for observing, understanding, and quantifying arctic climate changes
- National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Arctic Theme Page
Information on the present state of the arctic ecosystem and climate